View Deloitte's summary and analysis on the measures affecting individuals announced in the emergency Budget 2010.
Legislation will be introduced to introduce a new 28% rate of capital gains tax (CGT) which will apply to certain taxpayers.
The emergency June Budget announced income tax and national insurance changes.
Re-instatement of furnished holiday lettings rules.
Legislation will be introduced to increase the standard rate of VAT from 17.5% to 20%.
Other individuals measures
- Capital gains tax relief and adult placement carers living in the main home
- Child Trust Funds: restriction of government contributions
- Expenses paid to MPs
- General anti-avoidance rule ('GAAR')
- Green measures
- Income tax adjustments between settlors and trustees
- Individual savings account limits
- Insurance premium tax
- Landline duty
- Life assurance deficiency relief
- Non-domiciled individuals
- Pensions: deferring the effective requirement to buy an annuity
- Reduction in plant and machinery writing-down allowances and Annual Investment Allowance
- Review of HMRC powers, deterrents and safeguards: Excise modernisation and compliance checks
- Rule changes on the deduction of income tax at source
- Saving Gateway
- Seafarers' earnings deduction: EU and EEA residents
- Special guardianship orders and residence orders
- Tackling anti avoidance: use of trusts
- Taxation of non-domiciled individuals
- Tax policy making: a new approach
- Tax changes for certain trusts compensating asbestos victims
- VAT: changes to the standard rate and anti-forestalling measures
- Venture Capital Trusts